Tuesday, January 28, 2014


The Grammy Awards
By
Isabella Kerba

           Today Sunday January, 26, 2014 is a very exciting day for musical artists and their fans. Today is the 56th annual Grammy Awards. Something unusual this year is that there is a mix of new artists such as Lorde and Kendrick Lamar and old artists such as Led Zeppelin and Paul McCartney. Jay Z leads the list of nominees with nine nominations, and Kendrick Lamar, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Justin Timberlake and Pharrell Williams are not far behind with seven each. Stars like Bonnie Raitt and Lorde have already started celebrating because they got nominated in major categories. There are also some familiar faces, like Katy Perry, Pink, Justin Timberlake and Taylor Swift all hoping to win a gramophone trophy. Who will walk away as a winner on Sunday? Spotify made its own predictions based on song and album streams and came up with "Radioactive," Imagine Dragons for Record of the Year but New Zealand songstress Lorde had a really big hit with "Royals" last year and is in a good position to win. Spotify predicts "The Heist," Macklemore & Ryan Lewis as winner of Album of the Year even though Daft Punk’s "Random Access Memories" made a hit in 2013 and has a shot at winning this award. Spotify predicts that Best New Artist will also go to Macklemore & Ryan Lewis. Song of the year goes to the actual songwriters, while record of the year rewards go to the singer. This year both “Just Give Me a Reason" and "Same Love” have an equal chance of winning Song of the Year. No matter who wins on Sunday, it’s a big honor even to be nominated for the Grammys. The Grammys are not just about the prizes. It is also fun watching the celebrities in their fashionable outfits on the red carpet and the performances are also a big part. A performance to look forward is a duet between Beyonce and Jay Z and another performance starring Madonna. There's really no way to tell who will take home awards until the winners are announced today. It's all up to the Recording Academy's voters, but it is fun to make some guesses. Who do you think will win the gramophone trophies?

23 comments:

Kaasha said...

Wow Isabella!

I guess a lot of people are going to the Grammy's. My favorite singer is a tie between Rihanna, One Republic, and Taylor Swift. Is your favorite singer? Anyways, see ya bye! Oh and awesome blog!

Aarushi said...

Isabella,
Awesome blog! I think Spotify's predictions are correct. I haven't seen the winners yet. I like Katy Perry's song, Roar. Good blog!

Anusha said...

Nice job Bella. I didn't watch the Grammy but I hope to watch it. I already know that Macklemore and Ryan Lewis won a lot but I am hoping that Taylor Swift won anything.

Arya1 said...

Arya Sinha said

Nice blog Isabella. Mackelmore is good. Awardastic blog! Get it fantastic! I think Beyonce will win. Justin Timberlake is not bad. Anyways nice blog over all. I am a fan of Mackelmore and Justin Timberlake. It is very interesting how you chose the Grammy awards.

Tiƒƒany said...

Isabella,
AWESOME blog! I love music like they, musical artists, do. I have NO idea about who might win. I would like to win a Gramophone trophy but I don't think I will. I will just wish them a good luck on it. Again, AWESOME blog, Isabella!

Ashwath said...

Wow! that was a long blog, Isabella. There are a lot of famous people in your blog like Taylor Swift and Katy Perry. It is interesting that Jay Z has been nominated nine times.

anav said...

Wow! Isabella there a lot of people who won grammy awards like Katy Perry,Pink,Taylor Swift and Jay Z who won 9 nominies

Sophia Zheng said...

Wow! I do like your blog Isabella! I sure hope Taylor Swift wins. I love her songs. I think your quit amazing that you knew all this stuff. Thanks for telling us this wonderful and exiting news!

Sohan said...

Hey Isabella,
Nice job on your blog. It was fun to learn about the Grammy Awards.
I do not know who will win the Grammy Awards this year. The Grammy seems like a really big deal because you said even getting nominated for the Grammy is a big honor. Anyway, great job on your blog.

Michelle said...

Dear Isabella,
I don't know who will win because they are all such great artists. But, if I were to choose an artist I would choose either Katy Perry or Madonna.

-Michelle

Alex said...

Isabella; great blog!!! Your blog was awesome! Iv'e heard of those famous singers before. I like to listen to rap and rock and roll music. To answer your question, I personally think that maybe Macklemore & Ryan Lewis will win, they are excellent in rap. Anyway, NICE BLOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aum said...

Go Macklemore! Jay Z got nine nominations that 's amazing. I love the song "Pompeii" and "Radioactive". I vote for Macklemore & Ryan Lewis.



-
Aum

Karan J said...

Nice blog I think Macklemore should win for Can't Hold Us. How about Eminem?

Aaron said...

Isabella,

I really have no idea who is going to win or who won already. One good singing group is Imagine Dragons. My favorite song from them currently is "Demons". Great blog on the Grammy Awards!

Joshua said...

Jay Z probably win, because he is at the top of the list of nominees.

Ashrita said...

Isabella,
Fantastic job on your blog! As you said, I think Katty Perry, and Talor Swift are going to win the gramophone trophies.

KARAN said...

Dear Isabella,
Your blog was great. I never heard of the Grammies award it's nice to hear about it. I Also wonder why it is called the Grammys is it for grammy's just kidding.

KARAN said...

Dear Isabella,
Your blog was great. I never heard of the Grammies award it's nice to hear about it. I Also wonder why it is called the Grammys is it for grammy's just kidding.

Avani said...

Isabella-
Great blog! The Grammy's sound very exciting this year. I think that Lorde will win. Her song, royals was very popular and I liked it.Anyway, Amazing blog.

Shriansh said...

The Grammy's were fantastic! Two of my favorite artists, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, and Lorde, both got Grammy awards. The only part that I didn't like was that there were all the performances, but I just wanted to see the awards.

Harshil said...

Hey Isabella
I like music a lot
I hope that the participant that most people were rooting for won!
Nice blog anyway

Anisha said...

Isabella,

Wow, I did not know all of this about the Grammys until you posted this blog. I always love the dresses the stars wear, and their jewelry is stunningly beautiful. Great Blog!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE your blog, Isabella! Hope you can win a Grammy award some day!